Have you ever dreamed about tackling the Appalachian Trail thru-hike?
Whether you are an experienced hiker or just a beginner, this guide was written specifically for you.
You may be wondering...
There are a lot of websites, books, and communities out there with tons of information about the Appalachian Trail. How can I put it all together?
You don't have to surf the internet to plan your route or find transportation options. Everything from general information to the most important regulations is already gathered here.
The six chapters of this ultimate handbook will make it easy for you to find the answers to all your questions:
- The first section will guide you through the trail and its history. At the end of this part, you’ll find essential links for the various types of transportation available to tourists.
- The second part of this Appalachian Trail guide will help you plan your AT thru-hike. By the way, if you’re a section or day hiker, you may find this info useful too. And don’t forget to check out the infographic! A checklist for backpacking is also included.
- The third chapter will help you not to forget your Appalachian Trail map. Whether you prefer to view printed maps or use your smartphone, you’ll find links to apps and maps.
- Keep reading, and you’ll find up-to-date information about AT permits from Tennessee and North Carolina to Maine.
- The fifth chapter will guide you through the essentials of trail safety.
And don’t forget to check out our compilation of the best books for AT hikers!
So, are you ready to become the next Appalachian Trail 2000-miler?